Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
NU OMICRON ZETA CHAPTER
CHARTERED JANUARY 30, 1987
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated was founded on January 16, 1920 on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C. by young collegiate ladies affectionately called the Five Pearls. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority was established for the purposes of promoting the cause of education by encouraging the highest standards of scholarship through scientific, literary, cultural and educational programs; promoting charitable projects on college campuses and within the community; fostering the spirit of sisterly love, and promoting the ideal of Finer Womanhood.
Nu Omicron Zeta Chapter was chartered on January 30, 1987 during the California State meeting by eight visionary women: Bibliana L. Aldridge (Bovery), Sherry Blaylock, Kimberly Dillard (Everett), Natalie Dillard (Brannon), Sharon Howard, Denise Jones (Irving), Tamara Scott, and Vennice Terrell. These women desired to address the needs and concerns of the San Fernando Valley and felt passionately that Zetas presence would benefit its citizens.
Their vision was one of world-class service. This vision continues to be embraced by all who have become members of Nu Omicron Zeta Chapter. We continue to serve our community through cooperative partnerships to assure that the services that we provide and the information that we distribute are always in keeping with the needs of our community.
Nu Omicron Zeta sponsers two Undergraduate chapters, Omega Kappa (1981) located on the campus of Califronia State University Northridge and Delta Rho (1999) located on the campus of University Of California Santa Barbara.